We provide a Minor Ailment Service which is an NHS service that allows us to, if appropriate, provide you with a medicine for a minor ailment or condition free of charge.
You can register at our pharmacy for this service if:
- You are registered with a GP practice in Scotland and
- If you are under 16 years of age, or under 19 years of age and still in full-time education
- If you are 60 years of age or over
- If you have a maternity exemption certificate, a medical exemption certificate or war pension exemption certificate
- If you receive an appropriate income related exemption.
This service allows us to give you advice and free treatment (if you need it) for minor self-limiting conditions such as athletes foot, cold sore, constipation, diarrhoea, skin reactions and allergies, hay fever, head lice, indigestion, mouth ulcers, nasal congestion, pain, thrush, thread worms and warts and verrucae. Depending on the severity of your symptoms we might refer you to your GP.